Registration will be in the Games Field next to the Lomond Arms hotel, Luss, G83 8NY.
LONG COURSE on Saturday 28th August between 2pm and 4pm.
SHORT COURSE on Sunday 29th August between 10am – 12noon.
There will be a one way system in place taking you through a large tent. Inside the tent will your registration packs will be hung on pegs on a piece of string in Team name Alphabetical order. Please make your way through, take your registration pack and continue out of the tent maintaining social distancing at all times.
Your registration pack will include your swim hats and bibs, reusable cups, start time and any last-minute information we need to give you.
PLEASE DO NOT COLLECT PACKS FOR ANYONE ELSE.
Biosecurity & Conservation
This event takes place in an area of Special Scientific Interest and Special Area of Conservation within the National Park. In order to continue running this event we must be considerate of residents and other loch users and take care of the environment. Please check your kit before arriving at the start line:
Check your equipment and clothing for living organisms. Pay particular attention to damp or hard to inspect areas.
Clean and wash all equipment, footwear and clothes thoroughly. If you do come across any organisms, leave them at the water body where you found them or on a hard surface to die out.
Dry all equipment and clothing. Some species can live for many days in damp conditions.
Please stick to the race route at all times. This will be well signed and where the path is unclear/non- existent the route will be marked with stakes.
The long course starts early on a Sunday morning, please be especially considerate of the residents at Luss and Arden and of the campers at Inchcailloch.
There will a be a TIME TRIAL style start with teams starting at intervals. Start times will be allocated will be shown in your race pack. Please arrive at the beach at your start location 5 minutes before your start time ready to race. DO NOT BE LATE! But equally please don’t arrive at the start more than 5 minutes before your allocated start….!
Long Course – From 7am
Short Course – From 1pm
Solos – From 1.15pm
Start Locations are the same as in previous years.
Short Course -from the Lomond Arms Hotel walk North and take the first left, follow the footbridge over the A82. Start location is in the field on your right.
Long Course – the beach at Arden just off the roundabout on the A82.
Long Course – there is limited parking available at Arden – if possible, please get someone to drop you off here and leave your car at Luss. For those who need to park at Arden please use the small car park just off the roundabout which will be signposted and park as close to each other as possible – DO NOT SOCIALLY DISTANCE YOUR CARS! No cars are to be left on the lane.
Please make sure you have read the rules in full found here: https://komevents.com/index.php/swim-run-rules/
We would like to highlight the mandatory kit requirements and emphasise that littering will result in an instant disqualification.
Supplied by athletes per team:
- 1 x First aid pressure bandage
- 1 x Compass (watch with navigation feature is ok)
- 2 x Whistles
- 2 x Wetsuits suitable for water temperature of 10 degrees Celsius
- 1 x SafeSwimmer buoy per team
- 1 x water bladder per person
Supplied by ROCKMAN INCH BY INCH SWIMRUN per team:
- 2 x Race bibs (to be handed back in after the race)
- 2 x Swimcaps
- 1 x Waterproof map
- 2 x reusable cups
Cut off Times
Balmaha – teams reaching Balmaha after 10.30am will be directed straight to Cashels, missing out Conic Hill.
Inchtavannach – teams reaching the feed station after 3pm will be directed straight to the last swim and not allowed to complete the loop of Inchmoan and Inchconnachen.
Covid Safety Measures
- Please take a lateral flow test before you travel and do not attend if you get a positive result – isolate and take a PCR test.
- If come the week of the event you are living in a level 3 or above area please do not attend the event.
- If you have any symptoms on the morning of the event please do not attend.
- Please maintain social distancing (apart from with your team mate..) at all times.
- If another team is at a checkpoint when you arrive please wait momentarily for them to move on to ensure the marshal gets your race number. This is not the moment to overtake.
- Please maintain social distancing at feed stations too, move aside as soon as you can to allow other teams access.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at feed stations – please use it before accessing the feed station.
- The last feed station on the long course is shared with the short course – there will be 2 separate table clearly marked – one for each race – please only access the table for your race.
A full refund/deferral will be given up to 2 weeks prior to the event. 7 – 14 days prior to the event refunds/deferrals will only be given to those who are unable to travel due to being put into restrictions/needing to isolate that week. No refunds/deferals will be given within 7 days of the event.